SandPoint

Sandpoint, Light of the Lost Coast

Small town
Government: Autocracy (mayor, currently Kendra Deverin)
Population: 1250 (1116 humans, 37 halflings, 25 elves, 24 dwarves, 13 gnomes, 13 half-elves, 12 half-orcs)
Industries: fishing, lumber, farming, hunting, brewing, shipbuilding, tanning, and glassmaking.

As one approaches the town of Sandpoint, the footprint
of civilization upon the Lost Coast grows more clear.
Farmlands in the outlying moors and river valleys
grow more numerous, and the blue-green waters of
the Varisian Gulf bear more and more fishing vessels
upon the waves. Passage over creeks and rivers is more
often accomplished by wooden bridge than ford, and
the Lost Coast Road itself grows wider and better kept.
Sight of Sandpoint from either approach (south
or east) is kept hidden by the large upthrust limestone
pavements known as the Devil’s Platter and the arc of
the rocky outcroppings and lightly forested hilltops
that rise up just east of town, but as the final bend in
the road i s rounded, Sandpoint’s smoking chimneys
and bustling streets greet the traveler with open arms
and the promise of warm beds, a welcome sight indeed
for those who have spent the last few days alone on the
Lost Coast Road.

From the south, entrance to Sandpoint is governed
by a wooden bridge, while from the north a low stone
wall give s the town a bit of protection. Here, the
Lost Coast Road passes through a stone gatehouse
that is generally watched by one or two guards; the
southern bridge is typically unattended. Aside from
the occasional goblin, the citizens of Sandpoint have
traditionally had little cause to worry about invasion
or banditry-the region simply isn’t populated enough
to make theft a lucrative business. Hanging from
a bent nail at both the gatehouse and the southern
bridge is a sign and a mirror-painted on each sign
is the message: "Welcome to Sandpoint! Please stop to
see yourself as we see you ! "

Sandpoint – Rumors

Back

SandPoint

Rise of the Runelords Theely